Considering that hiring someone to work inside your home, caring for your closest loved ones is one of the most difficult and important decisions you may ever need to make, it is imperative that you take you time and consider the implications. A home health aide needs to not only be skilled and knowledgeable regarding personal health issues, they need to be extremely trustworthy, highly dependable, very likeable and – hopefully – affordable. Here are our tips for hiring a reliable, professional home health care agency:
- Get referrals – Find out from friends, family and neighbors who they would recommend.
- Do your research – Check for complaints and reviews by researching your top choices online and with the Better Business Bureau.
- Conduct interviews – Remember, you are essentially the employer when using either an agency or a private home health care worker. Ask plenty of questions that ensure you and your loved one of the applicant’s abilities.
- Check references – Don’t take the resume for granted. Call the references that were provided to you and do a full follow-up.
- Get it in writing – Make sure that any and all services provided, plus the fees for each, are outlined in a written contract signed by both parties. Make sure to include any special requests, medical needs and prescription doses and requirements for added protection.
At Ritechoice, our home health aide services are aimed to help our patients to care for themselves with our assistance. Rest assured that our home health aides are experienced in caring for elders and patients with disabilities.